When Cricut asked me to team up, I was ecstatic! The new Cricut Joy is my first die-cut machine and it is AMAZING to say the least. It is seriously as simple as: unbox, plug in, download the Design Space, and CREATE! You can choose from a selection of projects to make, alter, or customize your own!
If you love to personalize gifts, organize with labels, or get crafty in general, then don’t wait a moment longer! The Cricut Joy is the newest machine in their line and is much more compact than the others. It is simple and straight forward to use. If you’re only using vinyl, their new Smart Vinyl doesn’t even require a cutting mat!
Cricut Joy for Beginners
I can’t compare the Cricut Joy to other Cricut machines because I haven’t used them, but I will say this machine is so simple to use AND small enough to carry in my purse if I wanted to. Here are three projects that will make you look like a pro, and truthfully, so easy they were my first three.
Cricut Cards for Any Occasion
- Cricut Joy
- Cricut Cards
- Cricut Card mat
- Weeding tool
1. Select your card colors. Open the card and place it in the special card cutting mat.
*Keep the clear plastic part to re-cover it at the end!
2. Select the perfect card design for your recipient in the Cricut Design Space & follow the on screen directions.
3. Peel off the card and use the weeding tool and scraper as necessary.
4. Place the insert card from the inside of the card.
Cricut Vinyl Decals
- Cricut Joy
- Cricut Smart Vinyl
- Cricut Transfer Tape
- Weeding Tool
- Design vinyl decal in Design Space. Use the grid to help you determine sizing. Press “Weld” to make sure your images print together.
- Follow on screen directions for vinyl. Remove unwanted vinyl using the Weeding Tool.
- Make sure it fits the space you want. Cut transfer tape to size.
- Place the transfer tape on top of your design and use the Scraper Tool on the front AND back of the design. Peel the tape slowly, using the Scraper Tool as necessary to help the image stick. Add your new custom design to countless items!
Cricut-made Craftivity for kids
- Cricut Joy and Cricut Mat
- Weeding Tool
- Assorted Card Stock
- Select an image you know will interest the kiddo you’re making this for.
- Follow the on-screen directions and cut the pieces individually.
- Place all the pieces in a bag with a printed picture that shows how the image should be glued together. For an added challenge, give directions that will require more than assembly! *See below.
- Close up the bag, repeat with other images, and send it off to one lucky kiddo!
*I’m sending this off to my niece who loves to draw, so I added the challenge of filling the bag with drawings related to the design on the front. For example, on the bag with the crazy character, the directions said to the fill the bag with drawings of things that would calm the character down. On the one with the happy character, the directions said to fill the bag with drawings of things that she predicts makes the character so happy! This will not only extend her time working on this project, but will do so in a meaningful way that builds on emotions and coping strategies!